EPA RECOGNIZES HOSHIZAKI AMERICA, INC.?WITH 2015 ENERGY STAR? PARTNER OF THE YEAR -SUSTAINED EXCELLENCE AWARD
HOSHIZAKI AMERICA, INC. recognized for its sustained leadership?to protect the environment
Peachtree City, GA, April 6, 2015 – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized Hoshizaki America, Inc. with a 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award for their continued leadership in protecting our environment through superior energy efficiency achievements. Hoshizaki’s accomplishments will be recognized in Washington, D.C. on April 20, 2015.
Hoshizaki America, Inc., an ENERGY STAR partner since 2003, will be honored for its long-term commitment to energy efficiency.
“Hoshizaki truly values our partnership with ENERGY STAR,” said Carter Davis, EVP. It’s exciting to see the impact we’ve made in our energy efficient ice machines and refrigeration products and the increased customer demand for these high-performing models.”
Since its inception in 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped prevent a total of more than two billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions. In 2013 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners provided more than $11 billion in societal benefits due to reducing damages from climate change.
“Through their sustained participation with ENERGY STAR, Hoshizaki is helping Americans save money, save energy, and do their part to reduce our nation’s greenhouse gas emissions that fuel climate change,” said EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy. “I applaud Hoshizaki America, Inc. for earning EPA’s highest ENERGY STAR award, the 2015 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award, demonstrating a strong commitment to energy efficiency and to preserving a healthy planet for future generations.”
The 2015 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Awards are given to a variety of organizations to recognize their contributions to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through superior energy efficiency achievements. These winners have reduced greenhouse gas emissions by setting and achieving aggressive goals, and employing innovative energy efficiency approaches. These awards recognize ongoing leadership across the ENERGY STAR program, including energy-efficient products, services, new homes, and buildings in the commercial, industrial, and public sectors.
For a complete list of 2015 winners and information, and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit www.energystar.gov/awardwinners.
About Hoshizaki America, Inc.
Hoshizaki is the global leader in design, manufacture, and marketing of products for the foodservice industry. A world-class corporation we work responsibly to provide original products which are good for the environment with clear benefits for our customers. Our strategic environmental plan is based on ISO 14001 which stipulates the development of energy saving products, conservation and preservation practice.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR? is the simple choice for energy efficiency achievements. For more than 20 years, people across America have looked to EPA’s ENERGY STAR program for guidance on how to save energy, save money, and protect the environment. Behind each blue label is a product, building, or home that is independently certified to use less energy and cause fewer of the emissions that contribute to climate change. Today, ENERGY STAR is the most widely recognized symbol for energy efficiency in the world, helping families and businesses save $300 billion on utility bills, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions by two billion metric tons since 1992. Join the millions who are already making a difference at energystar.gov.
2015 ENERGY STAR Award Winners from Georgia
Hoshizaki America, Inc. | Peachtree City, Georgia (Dist 3)
Hoshizaki America, Inc. (Hoshizaki) is a leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of foodservice products. Hoshizaki is receiving ENERGY STAR? Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for promoting ENERGY STAR to its customers and dealers and continuing to develop products that excel in energy efficiency. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Increasing sales of ENERGY STAR certified products by 100 percent.
- Partnering with EPA to deliver two dealer training sessions.
- Training more than 12,000 dealers and 90 percent of existing employees on ENERGY STAR certified products and their benefits.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR messaging using many different media—tradeshows, print, mail, point of purchase—and achieving over 500,000 impressions.
The Home Depot | Atlanta, Georgia (Dist 11)
The Home Depot? is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, with more than 2,266 retail stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. The Home Depot is receiving ENERGY STAR? Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for driving consumer awareness and adoption of ENERGY STAR throughout every aspect of its retail business—from product assortment to marketing and promotions. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Being a national leader on partnerships with the energy efficiency community, including full participation in the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council, with the goal of increasing partnerships with energy efficiency program sponsors.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in three national TV and eight national radio ads for lighting and appliances. Integrating ENERGY STAR into its print circular advertising, including 99 national print advertisements and 290 regional print advertisements. Combined, these efforts resulted in billions of consumer impressions.
- Being a leading participant in the ENERGY STAR LED Bulb Challenge and selling millions of certified light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs in 2014 alone. The Home Depot worked with its suppliers to offer low cost ENERGY STAR certified bulbs to its customers, and worked to educate them on the value of ENERGY STAR lighting by displaying and distributing ENERGY STAR print materials in all stores.
- Leveraging a three-phase strategy working with suppliers, advertising, and consumers to grow the company’s in-store ENERGY STAR assortment, adding 840 additional products and increasing ENERGY STAR sales by over 10 million units.
- Working with local utilities in 44 states to coordinate rebate offerings for ENERGY STAR products, resulting in approximately $300 million in incentives for customers. This included offering instant rebates for ENERGY STAR LED lighting products in 900 stores and consumer rebates of over $45 million.
- Educating all employees about the value of ENERGY STAR certified products through a variety of training programs from eLearning to Rapid Web Based Training, to Monthly Merchant Updates and Home Depot Television. Total impressions from these training vehicles were more than 197 million.
Burton Energy Group | Alpharetta, Georgia (Dist 6)
Burton Energy Group helps its clients—commercial businesses with multiple geographically diverse facilities—to optimize energy efficiency. Burton Energy Group is receiving ENERGY STAR? Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for creating and managing client energy plans that improve energy efficiency and environmental performance, mitigate price risk, stabilize utility budgets, and lower overall energy operating costs. The company’s dozens of clients in retail, hospitality, restaurant services, and distribution rely on Burton Energy Group to share best practices. The company leverages ENERGY STAR processes, educational materials, tracking and benchmarking tools to help its clients optimize their energy performance and reduce their operating costs, while reducing the environmental impact of operating buildings. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager? to benchmark and track the energy performance of more than 1,800 facilities, accounting for more than nine percent of its client portfolio.
- Helping more than 160 client buildings earn ENERGY STAR certification in 2014.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager web services to calculate and display ENERGY STAR scores on Burton’s Energy Portal dashboard for clients.
- Embedding the 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year logo in the email signature of every Burton employee, resulting in more than 320,000 impressions in 2014.
- Drawing on ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work materials to engage employees in energy conservation and efficiency.
Servidyne | Atlanta, Georgia (Dist 5)
Servidyne is an international energy management company which provides its clients with comprehensive programs that focus on energy efficiency, demand response, and sustainability in order to significantly enhance the operating, financial, and environmental performance of existing buildings. The company serves a broad range of markets in the United States, including owners and operators of commercial office, hospitality, retail, light industrial, distribution, healthcare, government, and education facilities, as well as public and investor-owned utilities. Servidyne is receiving ENERGY STAR? Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to champion ENERGY STAR and to play a central role in benchmarking whole building energy use to effectively manage energy performance. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its client buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager?.
- Assisting more than 90 client buildings in earning ENERGY STAR certification.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR tools and resources at multiple conferences to building owners and operators.
- Putting together five teams, comprised of more than 50 individual buildings, to compete in the 2014 EPA ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
- Achieving a 10-point increase in the 1–100 ENERGY STAR scores of 25 client buildings since the baseline year of 2009.
Eaton’s Cooper Lighting Business | Peachtree City, Georgia (Dist 3)
Eaton’s Cooper Lighting Business delivers a wide range of innovative and reliable indoor and outdoor lighting solutions, as well as controls products specifically designed to maximize performance, energy efficiency, and cost savings. The company is an industry leader providing high-quality recessed downlighting, track, and surface products. Eaton’s Cooper Lighting is receiving ENERGY STAR? Partner of the Year recognition for its impressive offering of ENERGY STAR certified products in the recessed downlight category (3,997 configurable products) and commitment to educating customers about ENERGY STAR. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Adding more than 840 new ENERGY STAR certified products (raising its total to nearly 4,000), including those with its innovative WaveStream? light-emitting diode (LED) technology.
- Training more than 11,000 retailer and distributor employees on ENERGY STAR through a variety of vehicles, including the Cooper Lighting SOURCE training facility, email, newsletters, online videos, and in-store events.
- Partnering with Georgia Power to develop an educational lighting exhibit in their Atlanta headquarters, including an interactive LED exhibit which educates and demonstrates to consumers the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Collaborating with EPA for the debut of the ENERGY STAR LED lighting Facebook tab by featuring select products to help consumers learn about and experience the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified LED lighting in a new and engaging way.
- Partnering with retailers and residential builders to educate associates on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified lighting products through strategic implementation of its innovative Halo Hut educational kiosk.